Why do we use mustangs in our program? What characteristics do mustangs have that mirror human characteristics?
- They struggle daily with “who am I, where do I fit in?” There is a daily pecking order in the herd structure.
- They are gregarious (social)…meaning relationship is absolutely essential!
- They have an ability to adapt and survive and will do so if necessary
- They are perceptive to danger and fly from fear…they run to protect themselves.
- Their instincts govern their behavior and often they react rather than being proactive.
- Change requires relationship, effective communication, mutual understanding/respect, trust, and confidence.